Re: "qc timeout" error in sata_sil 3114 driver, 2.6.18

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 01:19:06 EST

[cc'ing linux-ide]

Timur Tabi wrote:
I'm working on a new PowerPC board (8349 based) with a Silicon Image 3114 SATA controller
connected to a Hitachi drive. When the sata_sil driver loads and tries to find the device,
I get "qc timeout" errors. I don't know a lot about SATA. Can anyone give me a clue as
to what could be wrong?

Several questions.

1. does any previous kernel version work? say, 2.6.17?
2. can your ppc board do byte-aligned mmio access?
3. it could be irq routing problem. can you verify that?

--
tejun