Re: 2.6.18-mm1 make oldconfig missed SATA

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Mon Sep 25 2006 - 09:32:51 EST

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:25:54 +0400, Michael Tokarev said:
> Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
> > So people aren't totally mystified Admittedly, I've only gotten bit by
> > silently dissapearing symbols 4-5 times since 2.5.55 or so, but the times
> > it happened it would have been nice to know....
>
> It already does that, but prints them in the beginning, not after config.

Damn, I *never* noticed, because it was scrolled away. ;)

> Try make silentoldconfig and see the first screen of warnings when it will
> ask the first question.

I saw the recent help patches for that - how long has it been in there and I
didn't notice? (Though I admit I say that one and just moved along, thinking
that it was an upstream push of RedHat's linux-2.6-build-nonintconfig.patch
they carry in Fedora, but actually *looking* at that patch, it's something
different).