Re: oops in :snd_pcm_oss:resample_expand+0x19c/0x1f0

From: Jean-Marc Saffroy
Date: Sun Sep 24 2006 - 15:04:28 EST

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006, Jean-Marc Saffroy wrote:

On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 19:01 +0200, Jean-Marc Saffroy wrote:
Yes yes, I know the kernel is tainted "P" (courtesy of the infamous
Nvidia module), so flame me if you want, but some investigation leads
me to think it could be an issue in core kernel modules, so read on if
you still want the gory details. ;-)

Please don't post tainted Oops reports to LKML. It's not a political issue, it's a technical one - a tainted kernel CANNOT be debugged.

Thank you for flaming. ;-) I thought the lines above would lead some people to read on and post an enlightening answer to the implicit question that followed, so I'll restate it below.

Reproduce with an untainted kernel and repost.

Ok, I'll try.

In the mean time, maybe someone can try to answer my original question, that was: is there a race between snd_pcm_oss_change_params() reallocating a buffer and resample_expand() using another (possibly the same)?

Now I hope that my mail client does not taint the question as well. ;-)

Cheers,

--
saffroy@xxxxxxxxx