Kernel panic with two BTTV cards

From: Neil Whelchel
Date: Sun Sep 24 2006 - 00:20:17 EST

Hello,
I have a Dual Xeon box with a Broadcom CIOB-X2 chipset with two BT878
cards installed. All is well until I start using both cards at the same
time. After a random period of time (5 min to 10 hr) I get a random kernel
panic that completely freezes the machine. This has never occurred when I
am
using only one of the two installed cards at a time. I have also tried
this with TB848 cards as well with the same problem.
This problem has persisted through every version of the kernel I have
tested so far.
2.6.12 SMP
2.6.13.1 SMP
2.6.14.3 SMP
2.6.17.11 SMP
I have tried all of these with Preemption and no Preemption.
Any thoughts?

-Neil Whelchel-
First Light Internet Services
760 366-0145 Ext 601
- I don't do Window$, that's what the janitor is for -

Beware the new TTY code!

-Neil Whelchel-
First Light Internet Services
760 366-0145 Ext 601
- I don't do Window$, that's what the janitor is for -

A debugged program is one for which you have not yet found the conditions
that make it fail.
-- Jerry Ogdin