Re: 2.6.19 -mm merge plans

From: Fengguang Wu
Date: Thu Sep 21 2006 - 19:59:17 EST

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 01:54:38PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:

> The readahead code is complex, I'm unconvinced that it has a lot of benefit
> and Wu has gone quiet. Will drop.

Sorry, I've been putting efforts to meet the deadline of the google
SoC project "Rapid linux desktop startup through pre-caching", which
still can not be called success for now. And there's my pending paper
work...

I should be able to come back and concentrate on the readahead patch
after one month, whether it be dropped for now. I guess it can be
further improved in complexity and performance. It also needs a good
document for the overall design and benefits. And sure the
performance numbers :-)

Regards,
Fengguang Wu