Re: [RFC] e-mail clients

From: Paolo Ornati
Date: Fri Sep 08 2006 - 04:46:23 EST

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 17:02:03 -0700
Victor Hugo <victor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As I've learned--most web-clients have a hard time sending text only
> e-mail without
> wrapping every single line (not very good for patches). Any suggestions
> about which client to use on lkml?? Pine?? Mutt??
> Thunderbird?? Telnet??

Sylpheed / Sylpheed-Claws

I don't remember every version but with Sylpheed-Claws 2.4.0 you can
configure it to wrap (or not):

- typed text
- quoted text
- pasted text

(Configuration -> Prefereces -> Compose -> Wrapping)

Moreover you have the "Insert File" button that inserts a file
"inline" (for wrapping it follows the "pasted text" rule).

Other useful things you can set are:
outgoing encodig (I use ISO-8859-15)
trensfer encoding (I use 8bit)

NOTE: if he can he falls back to US-ASCII / 7bit

--
Paolo Ornati
Linux 2.6.18-rc6 on x86_64