Re: XFS warning in 2.6.18-rc4

From: Nathan Scott
Date: Wed Aug 09 2006 - 18:54:04 EST

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 11:04:53PM +0300, Meelis Roos wrote:
> fs/xfs/xfs_bmap.c: In function 'xfs_bmapi':
> fs/xfs/xfs_bmap.c:2662: warning: 'rtx' is used uninitialized in this function

You have a particularly dense compiler, unfortunately. This code
has always been this way, its just a false cc warning that can be
safely ignored until you upgrade to a fixed compiler (unless I'm
missing something - please enlighten me if so). It does seem to
be the case that there is no way 'rtx' will be used uninitialised
when xfs_rtpick_extent() doesn't fail... no?

cheers.

--
Nathan