Re: Microsoft Wireless 6000 Mouse/Keyboard

From: Florin Iucha
Date: Tue Jun 20 2006 - 11:46:37 EST

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 07:05:20PM -0500, Florin wrote:
> Is the Microsoft Wireless Desktop 6000 supported under Linux? I am
> plugging the dongle into the motherboard port and under Linux 2.6.17 I
> cannot see it, but get the following error messages in the log:
>
> [ 149.386325] usb 2-7: new low speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 6
> [ 149.469949] usb 2-7: device descriptor read/64, error -110

Just for the record: that particular unit was broken, it would not be
recognized even by Windows. I have exchanged it and the replacement
works fine on both my Linux-running computers. Plug-and-play!

Thank you,
florin

--
If we wish to count lines of code, we should not regard them as lines
produced but as lines spent. -- Edsger Dijkstra