Re: 2.6.17: slow (as hell) tcp inbound transfers

From: Vincent Vanackere
Date: Mon Jun 19 2006 - 10:15:54 EST

On 6/19/06, Brice Figureau <brice+lklm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

First: please CC: me as I'm not subscribed to the list.

Now to the problem: I just finished the installation of a brand new
2.6.17 on a Dell PowerEdge 2850 which was running 2.6.16.19 really fine,
and I'm encountering a strange issue.

It seems that TCP inbound transfers (using either curl, or scp) are
really slow except when issued on our gigabit LAN.

Could you try the following to see if it cures your problem ?

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling

Vincent