Re: 2.6.17-rc5-mm2

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Jun 02 2006 - 10:12:35 EST

* Paolo Ornati <ornati@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 13:17:04 +0200
> Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > please send me the real full config you used for the build - this one
> > > has only the =y entries. (from which it's hard to reproduce your
> > > original config)
> >
> > when running it through 'make oldconfig' and grepping for =y it didnt
> > match your original config, but the resulting kernel was just as broken
> > as yours, so it's good enough for now ;-) Below is the crashlog over
> > serial.
>
> Anyway, full config attached.

thanks. Your config triggered 4 different bugs! 1 nasty slab.c one and 3
locking-selftest bugs.

> It's a .17-rc5-mm2 + 2 hot-fixes:
> lock-validator-x86_64-irqflags-trace-entrys-fix.patch
> revert-git-cfq.patch

please try my latest lockdep-combo patch:

http://redhat.com/~mingo/lockdep-patches/lockdep-combo-2.6.17-rc5-mm2.patch

ontop of vanilla -mm2. The combo patch includes all current -mm2
hotfixes plus all current lockdep fixes.

Ingo