Re: [patch 00/14] remap_file_pages protection support

From: Valerie Henson
Date: Sat May 13 2006 - 19:01:21 EST

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 11:19:46AM -0700, Valerie Henson wrote:
> The original program mmapped everything with the same permissions and
> no alignment restrictions, so all the mmaps were coalesced into one.
> This version alternates PROT_WRITE permissions on the mmap'd areas
> after they are written, so you get lots of vma's:

... Which is of course exactly the case that Blaisorblade's patches
should coalesce into one vma. So I wrote another option which uses
holes instead - takes more memory initially, unfortunately. Grab it
from:

http://www.nmt.edu/~val/patches/ebizzy.tar.gz

-p for preventing coaelescing via protections, -P for preventing via
holes.

-VAL