Re: Linux v2.6.17-rc4

From: Alistair John Strachan
Date: Fri May 12 2006 - 17:19:04 EST

On Friday 12 May 2006 00:44, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Ok, I've let the release time between -rc's slide a bit too much again,
> but -rc4 is out there, and this is the time to hunker down for 2.6.17.
>
> If you know of any regressions, please holler now, so that we don't miss
> them.
>
> -rc4 itself is mainly random driver fixes (sound, infiniband, scsi,
> network drivers), but some splice fixes too and some arch (arm, powerpc,
> mips) updates. Shortlog follows,

Linus,

I've got an oops in the forcedeth driver on shutdown. Sorry for the crappy
camera phone pictures, this board doesn't have RS232 ports:

http://devzero.co.uk/~alistair/oops-20060512/

It was initially difficult to reproduce, but I found I could do so reliably if
I ssh'ed into the box and halted it remotely, then it would always oops on
shutdown. I assume this is because the driver is still active when something
happens to it during halt.

There's been just a single commit since -rc3:

forcedeth: fix multi irq issues
ebf34c9b6fcd22338ef764b039b3ac55ed0e297b

However, it could have just been hidden since before -rc3, so I'll try to work
backwards if nobody has any immediate ideas..

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

Third year Computer Science undergraduate.