RE: [(repost) git Patch 1/1] avoid IRQ0 ioapic pin collision

From: Protasevich, Natalie
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 12:41:56 EST

> I think what we can do in the short term is to make these
> workarounds not have any effect on the systems which don't
> need them. This means searching like gsi_irq_sharing() does,
> instead of always compressing like mp_register_gsi() does.
> It also means not printing dmesg about vector sharing when no
> sharing is actually happening.

OK that means Kimball should test the kernel with gsi_irq_sharing() and
without the compression code in mp_register_gsi() which should work for
him (and certainly for ES7000). I am not sure about VIA though, since
they still want PCI IRQs below 16. That means moving the VIA workaround
(and subsequently the one for Stratus :) to gsi_irq_sharing() I suspect.

--Natalie