Re: C++ pushback

From: Denis Vlasenko
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 10:56:51 EST

On Thursday 27 April 2006 17:27, Avi Kivity wrote:
> > Where do you see goto-heavy code in kernel?
> >

> [avi@cleopatra linux]$ grep -rw goto . | wc -l
> 37448
>
> Repeat without 'wc' to get a detailed listing.

In 1999 Dave 'Barc0de' Jones, Paranoid wierdo noize making geek,
wrote this:

http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/9901.2/0939.html

I failed to find a link, but in 2004 Dave Jones, a well-known
kernel hacker, wrote something like "Wow, it's fun to read
my own old mail, how naive I was back then :)"

Feel free to get your hards dirty with kernel development,
and maybe you will say something similar a few years from now.

Or maybe not, and I will be proven wrong.
--
vda