Re: Simple header cleanups

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Wed Apr 26 2006 - 23:01:45 EST

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 19:27 -0700, Gerrit Huizenga wrote:
> Plus, do we really want Apache or other licensed software directly
> including GPL header files? Oh what a tangled web we weave when we
> suck GPL headers into other applications.

libstdc++ is GPL too. Why's that not a problem? Because it has an
exception explicitly allowing you to use it _without_ becoming covered
by the GPL, in certain circumstances. A bit like this one:

NOTE! This copyright does *not* cover user programs that use kernel
services by normal system calls - this is merely considered normal use
of the kernel, and does *not* fall under the heading of "derived work".

Of course, the libstdc++ exception was written a bit more carefully than
ours, but ours seems to be perfectly sufficient.

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/17_intro/license.html

--
dwmw2