RE: searching exported symbols from modules

From: Antti Halonen
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 03:15:38 EST

Hi Kyle,

> This makes me wonder why the hell you think you'll get help from this
> (open-source) list.

I see, I figured this is the place to ask technical question related
to programming in kernel space.

> A large number of people on this list (including
> copyright-holders) consider what you are doing blatantly illegal,
> although nobody has yet gone to court over it.

Um, which part is illegal? Are you saying that I cannot have a non-open
source kernel module? If I figured correctly, to violate GPL I should
compile GPL code into my module.

It is a standalone module, not distributed with any custom kernel.

> Please reconsider
> your decision and either opensource your code or find a way to do it
> in userspace.

Certainly this needs to be clarified.

Br,
Antti