Re: RT task scheduling

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Apr 07 2006 - 23:03:39 EST

Hi Bill,

I'm just catching up on this thread. Is your main concern that a High
prio task is going to be unnecessary delayed because there's a lower RT
task on the same CPU and time is needed to push it off to another CPU?
It's late, so forgive me if this is a stupid question ;)

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 16:36 -0700, Bill Huey wrote:

> > Has this cleared some things up? If not, let me know what else needs
> > clarification.
>
> Yes, but you should really work to clarify terminology. Is this better ?

Goes both ways :)

-- Steve

PS. It's really good to see you back on LKML. I've missed your posts.