[2.6.16.1] Mouse oddities

From: Jan De Luyck
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 10:20:06 EST

Hello list,

I've got some weird mouse problems. I've been seeing them since about 2.6.14
(or 2.6.15, not sure) where my mouse keeps jumping to the lower left corner
from time to time. I can say it happens about 20-30 times in a day.

dmesg shows nothing out of the ordinary, the mouse just jumps.

I'm running X.Org 6.9

X Window System Version 6.9.0 (Debian 6.9.0.dfsg.1-5 20060320141153 David
Nusinow <dnusinow@xxxxxxxxxx>)

Kernel in use is 2.6.16.1 at the moment.

Mouse in question (but this happens with other mice too) is a Dell Optical USB
mouse:

Bus 003 Device 004: ID 413c:3010 Dell Computer Corp. Optical Wheel Mouse
Device Descriptor:
bLength 18
bDescriptorType 1
bcdUSB 2.00
bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
bDeviceSubClass 0
bDeviceProtocol 0
bMaxPacketSize0 8
idVendor 0x413c Dell Computer Corp.
idProduct 0x3010 Optical Wheel Mouse
bcdDevice 2.30
iManufacturer 0
iProduct 0
iSerial 0
bNumConfigurations 1
Configuration Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 2
wTotalLength 34
bNumInterfaces 1
bConfigurationValue 1
iConfiguration 0
bmAttributes 0xa0
(Bus Powered)
Remote Wakeup
MaxPower 100mA
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 0
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 1
bInterfaceClass 3 Human Interface Devices
bInterfaceSubClass 1 Boot Interface Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol 2 Mouse
iInterface 0
HID Device Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 33
bcdHID 1.10
bCountryCode 0 Not supported
bNumDescriptors 1
bDescriptorType 34 Report
wDescriptorLength 52
Report Descriptors:
** UNAVAILABLE **
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 3
Transfer Type Interrupt
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0004 1x 4 bytes
bInterval 10

Anything I can try to find the root of this problem?

Kernel .config in attachment.

Jan

--
If two people love each other, there can be no happy end to it.
-- Ernest Hemingway