Re: [Devel] Re: [RFC] Virtualization steps

From: Kirill Korotaev
Date: Wed Mar 29 2006 - 09:45:11 EST

I wonder what is the value of it if it doesn't do guarantees or QoS?
In our experiments with it we failed to observe any fairness.

probably a misconfiguration on your side ...
maybe you can provide some instructions on which kernel version to use and how to setup the following scenario:
2CPU box. 3 VPSs which should run with 1:2:3 ratio of CPU usage.

well, do you have numbers?
just run the above scenario with one busy loop inside each VPS. I was not able to observe 1:2:3 cpu distribution. Other scenarios also didn't showed my any fairness. The results were different. Sometimes 1:1:2, sometimes others.

Thanks,
Kirill