Re: [RFC] Virtualization steps

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Tue Mar 28 2006 - 17:04:06 EST

Herbert Poetzl <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> - network virtualization
>
> here I see many issues, as for example Linux-VServer
> does not necessarily aim for full virtualization, when
> simple and performant isolation is sufficient.

The current technique employed by vserver is implementable
in a security module today. We are implementing each of
these pieces as a separate namespace. So actually using
any one of them is optional. So implementing your current
method of network isolation in a security module should be straight
forward.

Eric