Re: OOM kills if swappiness set to 0, swap storms otherwise

From: Lee Revell
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 23:08:07 EST

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 19:59 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Much porkiness.
>
> /proc/meminfo is very useful for obtaining a top-level view of where all
> the memory's gone to. I'd tentatively say that your options are to put up
> with the swapping or find a new mail client.

Thanks. It seems the problem is Evo (or possibly firefox) has a slow
memory leak. I overlooked the fact that Evo had been running for more
than a week.

I guess the only possible kernel issue is that Evo never gets
OOM-killed, always Firefox (or OpenOffice if it's running), although
it's the biggest hog. I'll have to investigate more.

Lee