Re: swap prefetching merge plans

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Sun Mar 26 2006 - 03:05:51 EST

On Sunday 26 March 2006 15:54, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 10:44 +1100, Con Kolivas wrote:
> > >
> > > It is in... the queue ;)
> >
> > Hah you wish.
> >
> > No way would I let mainline benefit from something that good. I'm
> > hoarding it for -ck only.
>
> Well, my box doesn't think it's _that_ good.

I guess you didn't get the extreme sarcasm in my comment.

> I just got done doing some
> basic testing, and it is most definitely not ready for primetime.

I guess me criticising your patches made you want to find flaws with my code.

> It
> has the same problem with sleep as the stock kernel does for instance.

Great to hear I am in such good company.

I don't suppose you know there is an interactive tunable in the full staircase
set in -ck

Anyway this is all moot. I have no intention of pushing this code to mainline,
but I thank you for your feedback with respect to it.

Cheers,
Con