Re: gettimeofday order of magnitude slower with pmtimer, which isdefault

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 14:09:29 EST

OGAWA Hirofumi wrote:
john stultz <johnstul@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

In my TOD rework I've dropped the triple read, figuring if a problem
arose we could blacklist the specific box. This patch covers that, so it
looks like a good idea to me.

I've not tested it myself, but if you feel good about it, please send it
to Andrew.

Current patch is the following. If I'm missing something, or you have
some comment, please tell me. (Since I don't have ICH4, ICH4 detection
is untested)
Doesn't it make sense to mark the port as user accessible in the I/O permissions bitmap and export it as a vsyscall? that would save the syscall overhead.