Re: Linux v2.6.16

From: Ashok Raj
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 13:25:01 EST

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 07:11:05PM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > It might help to explain why this would break your swsusp with SMP work?
>
> On SMP systems swsusp (suspend in general, AFAICT) uses the disable_nonboot_cpus()
> function defined in kernel/power/smp.c, which calls cpu_down() that is only
> defined if CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU is set. We can't suspend and resume SMP systems
> reliably without it.

I understand the needs of swsusp, but no one took away CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU away...
just that you need to also enable CONFIG_GENERICARCH to get it to work reliably, and
not see that printk... nothing else..

Iam still confused why you think swsusp wont work...

with that patch, try

CONFIG_X86_PC=n
CONFIG_GENERICARCH=y
CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU=y