Re: Kernel panic: Route cache, RCU, possibly FIB trie.

From: Jesper Dangaard Brouer
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 10:42:42 EST

From: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <hawk@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:29:16 +0100 (CET)

Do you have an explaination of the syslog listing, showing yet another
code path sleeping/failing??. In the fib_trie code. (I have recorded 12
of these).

If you happen to have the IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_CACHED config option
enabled in your kernels, please turn it off and retest.

You guessed right... I did enable IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_CACHED, I have now disabled it and equal multi path routing in general (CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH).

As it is a production server, I'll need to schedule a reboot. The server has now been running a 2.4.26 kernel for 16 hours without any kernel panics. And the ip_dst_cache can grow and shink.

cat /proc/slabinfo | grep ip_dst_cache
ip_dst_cache 15300 56145 256 1022 3743 1

Hilsen
Jesper Brouer