Accessing kernel information from a module

From: Anand SVR
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 06:01:28 EST

Hi,

I am in the process of writing a module that collects kernel
information of various kernel subsytems and pass this on to a remote
monitoring/management node. The information could be statistical data
maintained in data structures of memory, process, network and so on.
Or it could be any kernel variables that are of interest.

Can you let me know to what extent I can realise my goal ? I have hit
the stumbling block already because the scope of information that is
accessible from the module is restricted only to the exported symbols.

Is there a way of accessing proc information from the module ?

Any input from you would be of great help to my project.

Regards
Anand