Re: Idea to create a elf executable from running program [process2executable]

From: Roberto Nibali
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 03:39:55 EST

I have been working on an idea of creating an executable from a
running process image.

This has been done before.

[PS: I dont know if some one has already implemented this idea??]

This may suit your needs:

http://www.phrack.org/phrack/63/p63-0x0c_Process_Dump_and_Binary_Reconstruction.txt

IIRC, Silvio Cesare was the first one a couple of years ago that wrote a proof of concept tool which dumped the memory space of a process to an ELF executable, somewhere around 1999:

http://www.transient-iss.com/pit/elf.txt

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc