Re: KBUILD_BASENAME hoses nvidia driver / vmware build processes

From: Petr Vandrovec
Date: Mon Mar 20 2006 - 17:03:59 EST

Seth Goldberg wrote:
Hi,

Just an FYI -- I just grabbed 2.6.16 and installed it without a
problem. However, when I went to rebuild the nvidia module and vmware
modules, I discovered that the lack of a definition for
KBUILD_BASENAME in linux/include/linux/spinlock.h cause these
components' builds to fail. I added a stupid workaround and was able
to build and install these components, but I wanted to bring this to
your attention.

For VMware either grab VMware Server beta (though I believe that it is broken due to '(unsigned long)' added to PAGE_OFFSET; it will be fixed in next beta), or grab updated modules from http://platan.vc.cvut.cz/ftp/pub/vmware/vmware-any-any-update98.tar.gz.
Petr Vandrovec