Re: Question regarding to store file system metadata in database

From: Xin Zhao
Date: Mon Mar 20 2006 - 14:34:30 EST

OK. Now I have more experimental results.

After excluding the cost of reading file list and do stat(), the
insertion rate becomes 587/sec, instead of 300/sec. The query rate is
2137/sec. I am runing mysql 4.1.11. FC4, 2.8G CPU and 1G mem.

2137/sec seems to be good enough to handle pathname to inode
resolving. Anyone has some statistics how many file open in a busy
file system?

Xin