Re: [ck] 2.6.16-ck1

From: Hugo Vanwoerkom
Date: Mon Mar 20 2006 - 06:38:31 EST

Avuton Olrich wrote:
On 3/20/06, Con Kolivas <kernel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
SCHED_IDLEPRIO:
This is for tasks you never want to use cpu if *anything* else wants cpu
time. That is they only ever use spare cpu cycles that would have otherwise
been idle time on the machine.

Sounds like something I've wanted for a while, so I could compile
stuff on the wife's computer, but only when she's not actively using
it.
--
avuton
--

Or rather: so I could compile stuff on *this* computer while both my wife and I are on their separate monitors/kbds, when neither one of us is actively using it. ;-)

Hugo

I think the death is much overrated. How could anything so ordinary become a penalty?
John J. Cox