swsusp_suspend continues?

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 21:20:03 EST

Hi Pavel

I've been playing with hooking in the post resume swap prefetch code into
swsusp_suspend and just started noting this on 2.6.16-rc6-mm1:
During the _suspend_ to disk cycle on this machine the swsusp_suspend function
appears to continue beyond swsusp_arch_suspend as I get the same messages
that I would normally get during a resume cycle such as this:

Suspending device platform
swsusp: Need to copy 14852 pages
Intel machine check architecture supported.
Intel machine check reporting enabled on CPU#0
and...
eth1: Coming out of suspend...
and so on

but then it manages to write to disk and power down anyway. Is this correct?

If I put post_resume_swap_prefetch at the end of swsusp_suspend it hits that
function on both resume _and_ suspend cycles. Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Con