Re: libata PATA patch for 2.6.16-rc5

From: matthieu castet
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 14:50:23 EST

Hi,

matthieu castet wrote:
Hi Alan

Alan Cox wrote:

On Maw, 2006-02-28 at 23:36 +0100, matthieu castet wrote:

for the SIL680 I have a 100Mhz clock instead of a 133Mhz with ide/pci driver [1]

Fixed (missing break in switch)

The ATAPI doesn't seem to work fine with VIA.

Still investigating

If it can help you, I attach a log with debug enabled.

Ok, I think I have a hint.

The drive that is failling is the secondary slave [1].
When I try to change xfermode with hdparm -X, it take some times (10 s) and I found an error in the kernel log.
But even with that error, it seem the xfermode is changed.

What happen with libata if we lose an interrupt ?

Matthieu

[1]
/dev/hdd:

ATAPI CD-ROM, with removable media
Model Number: CD-RW CDR-6S48
Serial Number:
Firmware Revision: SSG5
Standards:
Used: ATAPI for CD-ROMs, SFF-8020i, r2.5
Supported: CD-ROM ATAPI-2
Configuration:
DRQ response: 50us.
Packet size: 12 bytes
Capabilities:
LBA, IORDY(cannot be disabled)
DMA: mdma0 mdma1 mdma2 udma0 udma1 *udma2
Cycle time: min=120ns recommended=120ns
PIO: pio0 pio1 pio2 pio3 pio4
Cycle time: no flow control=227ns IORDY flow control=120ns

[2]
hdd: lost interrupt
hdd: CHECK for good STATUS