Re: Faster resuming of suspend technology.

From: Jun OKAJIMA
Date: Sat Mar 11 2006 - 07:15:19 EST

>My version doesn't have this problem by default, because it saves a full image
>of memory unless the user explicitly sets a (soft) upper limit on the image
>size. The image is stored as contiguously as available storage allows, so
>rereading it quickly isn't so much of an issue (and far less of an issue than
>discarding the memory before suspending and faulting it back in from all over
>the place afterwards).

Yes, right. In your way, there is no thrashing. but it slows booting.
I mean, there is a trade-off between booting and after booted.
But, what people would want is always both, not either.
Especially, your way has problem if you boot( resume ) not from HDD
but for example, from NFS server or CD-R or even from Internet.

>That said, work has already been done along the lines that you're describing.
>You might, for example, look at the OLS papers from last year. There was a
>paper there describing work on almost exactly what you're describing.

Could I have URL or title of the paper?

--- Okajima, Jun. Tokyo, Japan.