Re: Kernel panic on PC with broken hard drive, after DMA errors

From: Martin Michlmayr
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 10:12:44 EST

* Robert Hancock <hancockr@xxxxxxx> [2006-03-08 22:03]:
> Probably is a genuine bug. These kinds of reports have come up a few
> times recently as I recall - it seems some of the error handling in
> the drivers/ide code isn't quite so robust..

Was the traceback I posted enough so someone can find out what's going
on or do you need more information? I can hook up a serial console
and try to capture the full log, but I'm not sure I can reproduce this
kernel panic. The dying hard drive is quite arbitrary when it comes
to showing errors or working fine...
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/