Re: Slab corruption in 2.6.16-rc5-mm2

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 11:07:02 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

has been incorrectly translated for several reasons:

- we shouldn't check "cachep->num > offslab_limit". We should check just "num > offslab_limit" (cachep->num is the _previous_ number we tested).

- when we do "break", we've already incremented "gfporder", and we should correct for that.

Now, maybe I'm just off my rocker again (I've certainly been batting 0.000 so far, even if I think I've been finding real bugs). So who knows. But I get the feeling that that patch is broken.

I thought stumbling over bugs while looking for other things was part of the new development model ;-)

Either revert it, or try this (TOTALLY UNTESTED!!!) patch..

And hey, maybe I'm just crazy.

Being crazy and being right are not mutually exclusize.
--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)