Re: PROBLEM: four bttv tuners in one PC crashed

From: Jiri Tyr
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 13:36:42 EST

Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> I was never able to make 4 bttv work together. There is every
> probability of interrupt conflicts (but you didnt post proc/interrupts
> and its hard reading lspci), and I seriously doubt the bus would let one
> grab 4 sources full-size full-rate without losing frames and interrupts
> here and there.

Here is my /proc/interrupts:

CPU0
0: 9332 IO-APIC-edge timer
1: 144 IO-APIC-edge i8042
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
12: 93 IO-APIC-edge i8042
18: 9332 IO-APIC-level bttv2
19: 9332 IO-APIC-level libata, bttv3
21: 9332 IO-APIC-level bttv0
22: 9332 IO-APIC-level bttv1
NMI: 0
LOC: 9294
ERR: 0
MIS: 0

I have removed all unnecessary things from kernel. Libata I need for
SATA disk. Do you think that is some possibility how to make this four
bttv tuners working?

Jiri