Re: Doubt about scheduler

From: Raúl Baena
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 08:12:35 EST

Thank you very much Jon. But I think I haven´t explained very well.

I know that now the prio_array and runqueues structs aren´t accesible for modules, but in the 2.6.5 version they were. I would like to know the reason, why before they were accesible and now they don´t? If you could answer me, it would be great. I could to write the reason in my university job. (In Spain we have to make a final degree job, and mine is about modules in linux (I chose this), I would like to show information of the new scheduler, a scheduler monitor, and these fields are indispensable for me)
I thought in your solution (own kernel tree), but I would like to make a module that worked in standard distributions. I prefer to make a module that worked in 2.6.5 version instead to make one that worked in 2.6.12 but with my own kernel tree. So I suposse that I will do that, but knowing the reason why could serve me to make a better investigation document.

Thank you again for your help, I will mention you in my final degree job acknowledge. Please, keep helping me!!! :)