Re: LibPATA code issues / 2.6.15.4

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 08:15:21 EST

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Mark Lord wrote:

Eric D. Mudama wrote:
those drives should support all FUA opcodes properly, both queued and unqueued

His first drive (sda) does not support queued commands at all,
but the newer firmware in his second drive (sdb) does support NCQ.

Both drives support FUA.

cheers

Could someone *PLEASE* produce a *unified* patch that is compatible with 2.6.16-rc5 or 2.6.15.4 so I can reproduce the error?

Mark had two patches, I have had the most PIA time getting them to work, patch properly, etc..

With 2.6.16-rc5:

# make bzImage
CHK include/linux/version.h
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/i386/Kconfig
#
# using defaults found in .config
#
SPLIT include/linux/autoconf.h -> include/config/*
CHK include/linux/compile.h
CHK usr/initramfs_list
GEN .version
CHK include/linux/compile.h
UPD include/linux/compile.h
CC init/version.o
LD init/built-in.o
LD .tmp_vmlinux1
drivers/built-in.o: In function `ata_to_sense_error': undefined reference to `print'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `ata_to_sense_error': undefined reference to `print'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
Command exited with non-zero status 2