Re: [ANNOUNCE] LiSt - Linux Statistics - www.linux-stats.org

From: Alexander Mieland
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 16:09:53 EST

Am Tuesday 28 February 2006 19:33 schrieben Sie:
> John Richard Moser <nigelenki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> [Didn't see the original post, sorry]
>
> > Alexander Mieland wrote:
> > > Hello list,
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > - The hostname (no fqdn or ips)
> >
> > Everyone's is going to be Darkstar.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > All of the collected information and data is absolutly anonymous!
> >
> > And double-submittable?
> >
> > > Also read our privacy policy [2] to become sure that all is
> > > anonymous and safe. Some more information on frequently asked
> > > questions can be found in our FAQ [3].
>
> What about <http://counter.li.org>?

counter.li.org is a great project and I'm registered there too since a few
years. But it has not such detailed statistics over the used hardware.
Sure, it has statistics, but not such detailed some.

And there are several other features on LiSt which I'm missing on
counter.li.org. For example the hardware-database in which every user can
vote and comment his own hardware and others can search for hardware to
find out which is best supported under linux.

Or the "position locator", the maps on which you can see how the
distribution of linux is on the whole world. Sure, there are not very many
systems registered (just only three in germany), but this will hopefully
grow fast. ;)

--
Alexander 'dma147' Mieland 2.6.15-ck3-r1-fb-my4 SMP
FnuPG-ID: 27491179 Registered Linux-User #249600