Re: [Patch 2/4] Basic reorder infrastructure

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 12:17:17 EST

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 17:31 +0100, sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > This patch puts the infrastructure in place to allow for a reordering of
> > functions based inside the vmlinux.
>
> Can we make this general instead of x86_64 only?
> Then we can use Kconfig to enable it for the architectures where we want it.

Actually Linus had pretty good arguments to make this per-architecture:
the list will be different on each architecture.

(eg my first patch had it more generic; but Linus asked it to be per
arch, and I agree with the reasons he gave)

Also I doubt it can be enabled "blindly" for all architectures; I expect
more to need hacks similar to the x86_64 entry.S fix before it can
work...