Re: Building 100 kernels; we suck at dependencies and drown inwarnings

From: Lee Revell
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 16:51:19 EST

On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 22:49 +0100, Jesper Juhl wrote:
> On 2/26/06, Nix <nix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > (i.e., there's a reason that warning uses the word *might*.)
> >
> The compiler says "might be used uninitialized" when it cannot
> determine if a variable will be initialized before first use or not.

Quoting the "silence gcc warning" thread:

"Really, this is a gcc bug. My version of the compiler:

gcc version 4.0.3 20051201 (prerelease) (Debian 4.0.2-5)

Doesn't give this warning. And, since the loop has fixed parameters,
gcc should see not only that it's always executed, but that it could be
unrolled."

Lee