Re: Kernel 'vga=' parameter wierdness

From: Martin Mares
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 13:29:19 EST

> >However, this would change meaning of numbers entered at the video mode
> >prompt (with vga=ask), which doesn't look good.
> >
> Add a warning ;-)

Well, the same thing can be said about the vga= parameter in LILO and GRUB :-)

I think that the kernel documentation (svga.txt) is pretty clear and explicit
on the meaning of the numbers and I don't see any reasons to change the
behavior of the mode selector.

What IMHO needs updating is the documentation on the vga parameter in LILO
and GRUB docs, which doesn't explain well what's going on.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@xxxxxx> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"A semicolon. Another line ends in the dance of camel." -- Kabir Ahuja