Re: [git patches] net driver fixes

From: Stephen Hemminger
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 11:12:03 EST

Wolfgang Hoffmann wrote:
On Friday 24 February 2006 06:22, Jeff Garzik wrote:
Please pull from 'upstream-fixes' branch of
master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git

[...]
Stephen Hemminger:
sky2: yukon-ec-u chipset initialization
sky2: limit coalescing values to ring size
sky2: poke coalescing timer to fix hang
sky2: force early transmit status
sky2: use device iomem to access PCI config
sky2: close race on IRQ mask update.
[...]

Thanks for the update.

Still I'm seeing reproducable hangs with this version of sky2 (as reported in bugzilla 6084 and discussed on netdev).

Stephen, if there is anything I can do to narrow down my hangs a bit more systematically, please let me know, I'd be happy to help.

Wolfgang
There is an outstanding bug where the sky2 will hang if it receives a packet larger than the
MTU. At this point, there isn't enough information on chip behavior to fix.

You could try using a larger mut or patching the driver so that the rx_buffer_size is always big (like 4k).