Re: sys_mmap2 on different architectures

From: Benjamin LaHaise
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 12:44:15 EST

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 04:43:47PM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
> Aha, that part I didn't catch. Thanks for the clarification
> Ben.
>
> I wonder why we did things that way with a fixed shift...

Without that trick, we'd have needed an extra parameter for the syscall
on x86, which is already at the maximum number of registers with 6
arguments. This was easier than changing the syscall ABI. =-)

-ben
--
"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry to interrupt, but the police are here
and they've asked us to stop the party." Don't Email: <dont@xxxxxxxxx>.