x86_64 ACPI Error in 2.6.16-rc4-mm1

From: Kevin Winchester
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 19:11:56 EST

I have the following little message in my log with rc4-mm1 that I don't have with vanilla rc4, running on a single processor athlon 64 box:

ACPI Error (acpi_processor-0488): Getting cpuindex for acpiid 0x1 [20060210]

It apparently gets printed here (in drivers/acpi/processor_core.c):

/*
* Extra Processor objects may be enumerated on MP systems with
* less than the max # of CPUs. They should be ignored _iff
* they are physically not present.
*/
if (cpu_index >= NR_CPUS) {
if (ACPI_FAILURE
(acpi_processor_hotadd_init(pr->handle, &pr->id))) {
ACPI_ERROR((AE_INFO,
"Getting cpuindex for acpiid 0x%x",
pr->acpi_id));
return_VALUE(-ENODEV);
}
}

It doesn't seem to cause anything not to work, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. If it is obvious to anyone why I get the message, I won't have to try to bisect the patches.

I can send my config if anyone wants to see it, and I can also test patches. I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me.

Thanks,
Kevin Winchester