Re: blatant GPL violation of ext2 and reiserfs filesystem drivers

From: Scott Mansfield
Date: Fri Dec 23 2005 - 15:15:26 EST

Developer replies that the source code will be provided
only to paying customers:

Not really. Developer does make the bizarre statement that "paid customers" are entitled to source code, but doesn't say nobody else is. And Developer says at the same time he will make source code available to the person who requested it. The problem is that he doesn't actually do it, and is never heard from again.

Call me crazy but if one requests a copy of the source only to never hear from the developer, is that not a direct violation of the GPL? To me this sounds like the developer is walking a pretty fine line.

Cheers,
Scott