Re: 2.6.15-rc5-rt4 fails to compile - question

From: John Rigg
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 18:01:39 EST

On Wednesday Dec 21 2005 John Rigg wrote:
> 2.6.14-rc5-rt4
> failed to compile
> on x86_64 SMP
>
> kernel/hrtimer.c: In function 'hrtimer_cancel':
> kernel/hrtimer.c:673: error: 'HRTIMER_SOFTIRQ' undeclared (first use in this function)
> kernel/hrtimer.c:673: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> kernel/hrtimer.c:673: error: for each function it appears in.)
> make[1]: *** [kernel/hrtimer.o] Error 1
> make: *** [kernel] Error 2

The obvious way to get it to compile would be to use CONFIG_HIGH_RES_TIMERS=y .
Stupid question: how do I enable this on x86_64 SMP?
I can't find it in menuconfig and if I edit .config manually my edits just
get deleted (obviously I'm doing something wrong). I've tried grepping the
source and googling, but haven't been able to find the answer.

John