Re: Possible Bootloader Optimization in inflate (get rid of unnecessary 32k Window)

From: Axel Kittenberger
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 14:04:35 EST

> Right. And the time to perform that one copy is exactly...?
>
> I doubt that it is a significant percentage of the whole operation.

Well Yes I agree, I guess also it isn't. Its roughly the time you need to
copy 1 MB memory around. I just noticed that it is in fact after all still
unneccary and that in fact could be optimized away. As some
window-management could can be optimized away.

I would volunteer to take the time to code it, but only if i have a good
feeling that it would be accepted... if not, well than okay for me also, i
will do other things :o)

Greetings, Axel