2.6.15-rc5-rt4 fails to compile

From: John Rigg
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 17:13:13 EST

I just tried to compile 2.6.15-rc5-rt4 on x86_64 SMP but it failed with the
following error:

kernel/hrtimer.c: In function 'hrtimer_cancel':
kernel/hrtimer.c:673: error: 'HRTIMER_SOFTIRQ' undeclared (first use in this function)
kernel/hrtimer.c:673: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
kernel/hrtimer.c:673: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [kernel/hrtimer.o] Error 1
make: *** [kernel] Error 2

HRTIMER_SOFTIRQ is defined in include/linux/interrupt.h on line 24, but it's
dependent on
#ifdef CONFIG_HIGH_RES_TIMERS
which I haven't set in my .config. It's inside an enum so I can't
just remove the #ifdef and make it always defined without changing
the value of the following enum element (not sure what will break if
I try that).

John