Kernel interrupts disable at user level - RIGHT/ WRONG - Help

From: Mukund JB.
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 07:19:10 EST

Dear Kernel Developers,

I have a requirement of getting the CMOS details at the user level. I have identified the interfaces as /dev/nvram & /dev/rtc.
But, the complete CMOS details are available to the user Applications as the driver does not provide the suitable interface to get the complete CMOS details.

I found an application that reads directly form the port 70, 71 and gets the complete details about the CMOS. It does not use any Device Interface and at the same disables all the interruptson the HOST system.

I would like to hear from you whether this kind of Applications can be used or NOT? Please see the attached source code I am planning to use to access the CMOS contents.

Please give me ur valuable suggestions.

Regards,
Mukund Jampala

<<dmpCmos.c>>